Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Could never be worse

I am just too stressed out this afternoon. Here’s how my day has been. I woke up at 6a.m. I almost thought I’m going to die because of my severe back pain. I could hardly get up because it seemed like my body has been paralyzed for 12 hours. I would want to stay in the comfort of my cold bed but my back pain sucked my sanity off. I decided to endure the pain until I could’t anymore. I got a cup of coffee then a slice of cake that I have been storing in my personal ref that now stinks because I haven’t cleaned it for ages. Since reading a paper is so grandfather’s way, I decided to turn on my TV set. Still to my utter disbelief and utmost surprise the news was all about Obama and his victory! Sarcastic smile. After few minutes I decided to take a bath. I just took my clothes off and did my morning ritual of shooting my dirty clothes in the box in the most eerie place in my unit. I could have been a basketball player but I ended up liking them in another way...

After taking a bath, I had some sun block and lotion, grabbed my favorite shirt and jeans and headed to work. I thought I would make it early to work today. Not until I realized (when I checked my phone) that I had been sailing in the sea of cars known as Buendia for almost an hour. Yeah, you read it right! Almost an hour! A normal creature would never believe me. I almost grabbed my phone and swallow. I wished I were a butterfly that moment. What am I talking about?! What will happen to my dream of going home early now? Crap! I will be at work for another eight hours, which means staying in the biggest ref in the Philippines for eight hours!

I thought I had all the worst experience a human being can ever experience in the morning. Not until I was faced with the officer I have been coaching for almost two weeks now! I refuse to talk about this person with overflowing kindness. I just want to wish that her flow of ideas, comprehension and retention are as overflowing and as abundant as the kindness in her heart which is so evident. I decided to be kind. My character assassination plot of her ends here. It won’t work.

After my session, that’s two hours, I decided to unwind. I thought of walking…my high school Philippine Literature teacher once discussed the benefit of walking to us, and one of the benefits is walking actually relieves stress. So I decided to go on a brisk walk, aimless walk until I spotted a bookstore. I dropped by. I literally dropped by. I didn’t bother to grab a book and read. I know if I do, I will just end up buying a lot of books again. My insatiable desire to get anything I like even if it is not necessary is threatening. I ended up going to McDonalds.

Who doesn’t want to be refreshed after such an energy-sucking day?! I was in the midst of enjoying my meal when a woman, whom I suspected to be kind of sluttish, screamed! I thought, she just felt someone’s fingers running through her stockings. But now…two guys were almost killing each other. What a wonderful sight! I felt like I were one of them. I had a great release.

I went home early. I’m supposed to leave my office late but I decided to take a rest early and spend the rest of my day so creatively by watching the not-s0-pleasing news on economic crises and the very optimistic faces of Americans on the afternoon newscast. Secretly, I loathe myself for going home. It is only when I’m home that I feel so alone in the world. After my bloody day (it almost became literally bloody!) I don’t know it could get worse. I would never wish it to be worse or I could die a very disappointing death.

Well, this is Philippines; this is how things go in here. I survived. I always do everyday.

I just hope tomorrow’s going to be a luckier day for me. I would hate to think that adjectives do have superlatives…my day couldn’t be worse but it could be worst! WTF!

No comments:

Post a Comment